Medicare rebateable telehealth (video or telephone consultations) can only be provided for patients who have an existing relationship with a GP located at Woodvale Park Medical Centre ie have had a face to face consultation in the last 12 months vs being a new patient.
There are exemptions to this rule and include the following scenarios:
- Patients diagnosed with Covid 19 who are isolating at home
- Traveller who is required to self-isolate upon arrival
- Close contact of a confirmed Covid 19 case who has been directed to self-isolate
- Patient who has been tested for Covid-19 and is awaiting their result
- Children under the age of 12 months
- Patients who are homeless
- Patients seeking advice for smoking cessation
- Mental health consultations/mental health treatment plans
- Eating disorder planning and treatment services
The doctors located at Woodvale Park Medical Centre privately bill telehealth consultations. Bulk billing is available for children under 16 years of age and pension card holders. Reduced fees are available for concession card holders.